Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Impacting generations of African Care Givers

A recent conversation comes to my mind as I begin to attempt to bring a little clarity to my present and constant changing season. As many of you know I am currently in Portland assisting in the preparations to take a two week intense training course to caregivers in South Africa with a team from the Women and Children's Advocacy Centre.

As we were preparing to pray together before meeting as a team, one friend said something like this...

I was reminded and challenged by a man at church this week to whom I was sharing about what we will be doing in S. Africa. In his enthusiasm, he pointed out to me the implications and number of individuals who will be impacted and trained to improve and facilitate quality care for children in this country within these weeks.

I, personally, was challenged and humbled to be reminded by an outsider just how important and vital this training is. We have been given the opportunity to train 37 advocates from various regions of S. Africa who have been chosen as advocates from various children's homes, ministries and churches where they work as caregivers. They will then in turn train others and pass the training tools, ideally and prayerfully, to generations of care givers to come. They have a vital role in the lives of the children as well as we do in getting the help and tools that they need as workers already working hands on in the field with children in need. The numbers that could be impacted are high and I feel privileged to participate, observe, and learn from these knowledgeable trainers whom I am joining in this endeavor. Really in many ways I am an idealist and can imagine the impact this 2 week training, and the training to follow later this year, will produce in South Africa. Even more so I know even more that nothing is impossible with God.

I am challenged to send out a support letter and will be doing so to follow, but I also would like to invite you all my viewers to join me on this journey and help me in any way God leads you. I have my plane ticket, but just found out that the cost to stay in South Africa will be above and beyond what I was aware of prior to arriving in Portland. Please feel free to write to me as you feel led to send me any encouragement, words or prayers. In addition, financial donations would be greatly appreciated and vital as I currently receive highly valued but minimal support. You can donate on this blog through PayPal, or make a tax-deductible gift through YWAM of which instructions are below under donate. If you have further questions, my email is
Resgateyrestauracion@gmail.com.

No comments: