Monday, November 7, 2011

Discovering the Concept of Home

I've been thinking of late... wouldn't it be so nice to just simply click my heels and say there is "no place like home, there is no place like home" and suddenly, I am home. The question is, where is home exactly? This concept or word "home" what does that mean exactly? This is what I have been asking God, where is the place that He wants me to root? I have this innate desire to root; finally (just as I am to those who know me best, a free spirit) the idea of rooting somewhere used to be so binding and so restrictive now I just think how reassuring it would be to know where in the globe I am to establish myself next. I was so convinced I was called to remain in Latin America; I no longer feel I am tied to Latin America only. Many have spoken words over my life that  I am "called to the nations." So what does that look like exactly? A pretty crazy concept. I spoke with Janna recently about it. Janna is the founder/director of the Women and Children's Advocacy Center and she has attempted to help me discover what it is exactly that I want to do for my next steps. The ironic part of it all is that really I could go anywhere its not so much about location as what exactly I want to do once I get there.

I went last week to the prophetic room/ministry at IHOP (International House of Prayer) to get some direction and clarity. I did get some encouraging words that God is speaking but definitely not specifics or location. The funny thing is what was confirmed in this time was more of my giftings and strengths which is quite ironic as they saw such variety and diversity in my giftings and strengths; some I have known for a long time others that I have discovered only recently. Yet I left definitely more encouraged  but also more confused about exactly what or how these giftings will have place in the next location God calls me to. I feel strongly somehow all the little pieces of my life and the giftings will be used in my next location, which I sense will be long-term and where I can root and then go out and do shorter term work from there.

The other ironic thing about having spent time in the prayer room/IHOP is that I happened to walk out into the foyer for a second and while there I overheard some guys conversing and that one of the guys had a t-shirt with the slogan/words  "Sex + money" (for those of you who don't know, this is a particular project initiated by YWAM to document the sex trade and its impact on modern day slavery). The interesting part of it all is this was a reminder to me of some of the training and research that have played a huge role in my life in the past years in missions. The embodiment of this all while working to train volunteers in areas of justice with YWAM, getting training through Not for Sale in the areas of anti-trafficking, and now spending time at  IHOP.  I feel lately God has been stirring more and more a passsion for 24/7 intercession and worship in my heart just as pioneering; beginning any ministry and work comes about through a huge investment in prayer and years of asking and seeking God for wisdom and His hand to begin and direct in the initial stages and as the backbone throughout any ministry. Exactly how this all will meld, come into existence, I am yet clueless; I just sense God stirring my heart more and more to find out exactly how He is going to put all those pieces of my various interests, passions, training and experiences into practice or to at least, make a little sense of the random order of my journey.

This video below is put out by my friends doing a series of videos on Human Trafficking in Costa Rica:

Alrevez. [Backwards] from ofbrokenwings on Vimeo.

No comments: