Monday, October 31, 2011

A Time for Everything...

Its 1:30 a.m. and I am up... really feel like I should stop and truly process. Would love to process with someone right now but sometimes its harder to explain verbally, so here goes my attempt.

I am back in the U.S. indefinitely after a 3 year stretch in Latin America. I am not sure how to feel or be. I had a nice re-entry welcome at 1 a.m. when my 3 new roomies, who just happen to be some of my closest friends and sister. We all went to bed far too late that night. When I woke up I felt sad to not be in a foreign country any longer or with people as my roomies had all gone to work. However, the rest of the day kept getting better and better. First of all, the weather here has been freakin' amazing.. ie. for October ... in the 80s, sunny and gorgeous with trees just now beginning to change color. This is the first time I have seen true Fall in 4 years. Autumn is my favorite season!  Then I get home and went to the Boiler Room where I proceeded to meet 2 individuals; one was in YWAM for 4 years in various countries and the other who has been working with children at risk in KC and is going to open a home for children in need in KC. Crazy, no matter where I turn, God won't let me go too far from my calling/passions.

No comments: