Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bringing liberty to the Captives

Hello all!

I wanted to share a bit of the theme of our base today... raising awareness and praying for victims of human trafficking. One of the students of our school lead an intercession time with the base, challenging us to move and act out on behalf of these victims globally. He shared that if each of us could share with at least 3 friends of ours, links that raise awareness to this area of injustice; asking them to do the same and share with three of their friends, then awareness is multiplied on a large scale. So I am writing this blog to do just that and ask others to join me.

Having done a 2 week training in 2010 with Not for Sale and having friends who have worked in this area to combat human trafficking, stirs my passion and my heart for what is happening globally. In some way, I feel God is going to use this training and my passion in my next season of life. I am excited to see just how He unfolds this and directs me in my next steps.

I also felt my personal conviction is once again to remember my new year's resolution to only purchase fair-trade chocolate and coffee. I have wavered in this commitment a bit over the past months, but I will admit it is hard in a country that sells little to no "fair-trade" products. Still, with your help, I want to be held accountable again and finish my commitment to the end of the year and then reassess after the end of 2011. Please join with me and keep me accountable as I know my purchases and conscience are being held accountable to the millions of slaves all over the world that are sold for my consumer benefit along with my fellow citizens of the world.

No comments: