Monday, June 28, 2010

Kids, stay clear of the traffick zone...

Wow! I checked my blog and realized I have not updated it since we arrived more than 2 months ago..... so crazy, how time flies by. So, as I sit down and write, pondering what I can say and what I can not about our work here and what would be interesting to my few but loyal readers.... I will attempt to write and see what may come.

Its been quite a journey and adventure in Latin Amercia these past few years as I am pondering on my life since leaving my home. God has been faithful to provide for my every need. I now have so many stories I hadn't previously about how God does miracles just when we need Him most. He has been meeting my expectations and dreams by providing me with great friends, surrounding me with amazing communities who care about what is on God's heart, giving me new opportunities to grow and utilize my individual giftings, giving me an outlet to express my passion for the lost and most needy, giving me amazing ministry to participate in and also pioneer, even more importantly I love how He has allowed my faith in Him to be tested and grown on so many new levels.

So, briefly I want to mention the ministry we have been participating in here. I am excited to announce a few new things. We began last week ministering to the young girls in prison. It was a huge blessing. We were certain they were going to be pretty tough to reach. Thanks to God and a lady who has already been going to the prison, they were open to us and to hear more about who God is to us and what He has done in our individual lives. I really want to see God free them from their circumstances and to offer them a new way of life/perspective that only He can provide. We also have been starting to lead "justice night" for the Mission Adventure teams that we have been and will be hosting at our base for the next month or so. Our first group was so touched and challenged me just how much this young generation can care about the injustice that goes on in the world and make a difference for hurting individuals. I felt privileged to be able to raise awareness and channel, I hope, some of their passion and energy.

We are also looking into the possibility of working with the street kids in Zona Norte, Red Light District here, with a guy who has asked us to offer some sort of workshop or sports program to teach and offer something to the kids, in place of wandering the dangerous streets here. We also are looking into work, even more directly with trafficking victims and their children through another outlet. In addition, we will continue to work with tutoring the kids in the colonia that the base works with directly and getting training and experience with the anti-trafficking coalition we are assisting with here in San Diego and Tijuana.

Well, that is my life summed up here, with one other exciting news... I felt God release me to stay here in Tijuana. I desire to continue to learn and get trained from our contact who has worked in anti-trafficking issues for a very long time. I also will be assisting Amanda with the new Children at Risk School they are pioneering here in Tijuana, Mexico in January 2011.

1 comment:

all the joy you bring said...

So great to hear a brief summary of what God is doing. So glad He is providing what you need. Thanks for sharing your live and passion my dear friend. Love you!