Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Life in the danger zone...

ok, peeps.... well... thought its about time to write an update. Its been a nice transition from the end of lecture phase and graduation to vacation and now the beginning of a new journey and place.

Tijuana is not as scary and crazy as everyone lets on. Certainly there are some shadey areas. Where we are staying is like a vacation destination. The base is under construction but has been in process for years. They have been able to raise enough money to build debt-free.... which is a huge blessing for them. The place is amazing; has the appearance of a resort. Of course, I don't live at the base but get to experience the amazing view of the ocean every day and even my apartment has an amazing view of the ocean from my rooftop/porch. Its been an amazing blessing so far....

We are just getting settled into our live here. Its been crazy busy getting adjusted and setting a schedule and beginning our work here. We have done some investigation work so far and learning a lot of spanish. I am excited how my spanish has progressed and am really ready to begin work in verbal translation. My team is also growing in their spanish skills. Pray for us all. We really desire to be able to communicate well with the locals and to be fluent on the tongue. God can do that. Also pray that God will continue to lead us as we are going to be doing some undercover work and entering into unknown territory to bring God's light to the darkness.

We will be also be going to the work with the kids in the colonias (poorer communities around here) and also youth in detention centers and those who come up to our base to do a youth program.

Well that is it for now... not too much exciting other than God is moving. My 2 students here are so amazing and I am so excited to see how God is moving in them and challenged by their relationship with God. They challenge me in my faith and I am inspired by their surrendered lives before God.

No comments: