Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Finally... the students are here....

Our students arrived by planes, cars, trains and buses.... It was a crazy busy day and I was so thankful to those students who arrived early and were ready to help me find others arriving in different locations at the same time.  By the time we picked up the last student and crossed the border, they still had to settle in and get their bearings. This has been the somewhat chaotic introduction to this 1st week of school. Its been great. Our students are so amazing and excited to learn and then get their hands dirty in working with children in need. So far we are all adapting quite well. 

Their schedule is full and overwhelming, yet they are in good spirits. I myself have been learning to let go of some of the comforts I have been used to and really, spoiled by, since arriving in Tijuana. I now live in the trailers, which don't always have warm water and we didn't have heat when we 1st arrived. It is now winter in Tijuana and quite brutal without heat. All in all I am/we all are adjusting. Please continue to pray for us all as we enter into the school and truly allow our minds and hearts to be available to once again be broken in a million pieces only to be healed and given new and true hope that can only come from our Father.